Meeting Our Equality Duty
St Alban’s Church of England Primary School is a school with a strong Christian ethos which is truly inclusive and actively celebrates diversity. We believe that all members of our community are of equal worth and we want this to be the experience of everyone. We demonstrate our commitment to this by prioritising the well-being and progress of every child in our school and by striving to ensure that all members of our community are treated fairly in all situations.
We believe that the Equality Act provides us with a framework to support our commitment to valuing diversity, tackling discrimination, promoting equality and fostering good relationships between people. It also ensures that we tackle any issues of disadvantage and underachievement of different groups represented in the school as soon as we find any.
Our approach to equality is based on the following 7 key principles:
- All learners are of equal value
- We recognise, respect and value difference and understand that diversity is a strength
- We foster positive attitudes and relationships
- We foster a shared sense of cohesion and belonging
- We observe good equalities practice for our staff
- We have the highest expectations of all our children
- We work to raise standards for all pupils, but especially for the most vulnerable