Update to parents from Headteacher
Our school vision
Our vision is that all our pupils should grow in:
Faith in God, or be inspired by faith, and in their own ability to fulfil their potential,
Hope to be the best of examples, to work to change themselves and the world for the better, and
Love, reflecting God’s love in unselfish love for others.
Update for parents June 16th 2020
Dear Parents and Carers
We hope that you and your families are continuing to keep safe and well during this time. It has been, and continues to be, a challenging time for pupils, parents and staff, and we thank you for your ongoing support.
Some key updates:
- The staff are currently considering further ways to communicate with those pupils who are home learning, especially in those year groups where some pupils are back in school. We have launched our whole school “Time Capsule” project which Jayne has put on the website, so do please join in with that, but also staff are able to send video messages (and in some cases, hellos via zoom) in order for pupils and staff at school to stay in touch with those at home. Please keep an eye on your child’s class web page for any further information on this.
- Staff continue to make phone calls to those parents and pupils who requested this in the end of Spring term parent meeting calls. If you would like a regular call from your class teacher then please just contact school and this can be arranged.
- End of Summer term reports are being written and there will be phone calls from class teachers towards the end of term to discuss these.
- I will send parents information about what teachers are in which classes next year, in the next few weeks. In light of this, teachers are currently thinking about how they could do a “Meet your new teacher” zoom meeting before the end of term, so that they get to say hello.
- You may have heard discussion on the news around possible Summer holidays provision for pupils. We have been given no guidance as of yet from the DfE (Department for Education) with regards to what this might look like. I will continue to update parents with any relevant information as and when appropriate.
- We have been given no guidance as of yet with regards to what school provision will look like in September. However, we are optimistically planning for the Autumn term as usual. I will continue to update parents with any relevant information as and when appropriate.
There is still time to enter the St Alban’s art competition! The closing date is June 19th, so you can still send your entries in to Father Eddie or via school.
It is St Alban’s Day service this Sunday and sadly we are all not able to be in church for our usual school service to remember this day. Do please visit the church website to see their online service details.
St Alban’s Time Capsule project!!
Copies of the project can be collected from school, if you do not have a printer at home. Please send images of your child and their time capsule to email@example.com to be shared with their class and to be put on the school website.
Stay safe everyone.
We are a strong community and will continue to get through this difficult time, together.