Information regarding Autumn term 2020
IMPORTANT PARENT INFORMATION FOR RETURNING TO SCHOOL - SEPTEMBER 2020
Based on DfE guidance, July 2020 – updated 27th August 2020
- All pupils in Years 1-6 are to return to school on Thursday 3rd September 2020, full time.
- EYFS pupils will return the week of the 7th September 2020.
- Your child has been allocated an entrance/exit point and times for these (see below). Please ensure you adhere to social distancing outside your designated gate. IT IS CRUCIAL THAT YOU STICK TO THESE TIMES AS IT WILL MINIMISE CONGESTION AND THEREFORE MINIMISE CROSS-CONTAMINATION. In light of the ongoing major works to the office area of school, we cannot use the Baldwin’s Gardens car park for Y3 and Y4. ALL year groups are to use the Bourne Estate entrance and exit (SEE BELOW FOR TIMES).
All Year groups
Entrance – Bourne Estate between 8.45-9.00 – DROP OFF AT GATE
Children will go straight to their classrooms and wash hands
Exit – Bourne Estate – COLLECT FROM GATE
Y1 and Y2 3.20
Y3 and Y4 3.30
Y5 and Y6 3.40
- Parents are not allowed onto school premises at the moment unless they have a prior appointment. All drop-offs and collections will be done at the named entry/exit point Bourne Estate for ALL year groups.
- If you need to speak to the class teacher or a member of the leadership team, please contact via the office and you will be called back as soon as is possible.
- Your child can bring into school one bag and a water bottle. Coats, hats, scarves, gloves are also allowed. Please do not send in anything else as you will be asked to take it home.
- If you need to speak to the school office, this can be done via phone or email. If you need to handover paperwork, a member of the office will come out to the gate. Please use the ParentPay system to make payments.
- Breakfast Club and After School Care will begin in the week commencing 7th September. If you would like your child to attend these, please contact the school office and they will explain what this provision will look like during the Autumn term.
- All parent meetings and workshops will be done via zoom or by phone.
- There will be no whole school activities until further notice.
- There will be no swimming or class trips/residentials until further notice.
- In school your child will have their own separate resources stored in a plastic zip wallet.
- There will be a strict handwashing system for all children and adults throughout the day.
- Each class will have staggered playtimes, lunchtimes and their own equipment boxes to use.
- Each class will have its own PPE box, antibacterial hand gel, antibacterial wipes and a lidded bin.
- If your child will be wearing a face mask, please ensure they have a sealed plastic bag to put this in when it is not being used.
- Throughout the day, regularly touched surfaces will be cleaned.
- At the end of the day, all classrooms will be thoroughly cleaned (this includes backs of chairs, handles and other key “touch points”) as usual, as will toilets.
Thank you to all parents for your understanding and support during this time. It is very much appreciated.